CATEGORIES

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Avellino's- 313 Mystic Ave, Medford, MA

Hi all! I've missed you! I wish I could give you a big creepy cyber hug!

SO everyone's been asking about the food in Hawaii, and expecting me to write a post about it. BAD NEWS- I took a break from foodiness while on my honeymoon..BOO I know, I'm the worst. BUT I have to say, I would feel kind of bad writing about all the glorious fresh fish and macadamia nut encrusted everything, knowing you can't take a quick drive under 30 minutes to get it yourself. So I did it for you. Know that.

Now, on to more important things. I land in Boston on a Thursday morning red eye, after traveling for almost 12 hours. After about a 4 hour nap, I wake up- STARVING. Think about it- I've been out of my natural culinary habitat for almost 2 weeks, and have nothing in the fridge...WHAT AM I GONNA EAT? This is a big decision, and you better believe I didn't take it lightly.

We were heading over to Medford to do some errands, and I immediately knew what I wanted- a chicken cutlet sub from Avellino's.  

'merica
Avellino's is the spot for authentic Italian cuisine with an extensive menu. They offer breakfast, lunch and dinner, with dine-in, takeout or catering options. The place is super casual , and the staff isn't exactly warm and fuzzy- but honestly, that kinda makes it badass. They know- they make good food. They know.


Their chicken cutlet sub is the BEST  I've ever had. I don't know about your, but there is nothing worst than tough, dry, breaded chicken breasts on a mediocre sub roll, that would literally take a TREX to tear through. Avellino's fills their fresh, soft, giant sub rolls with 3 large, diced, tender chicken cutlets and only the freshest produce. I can put down some serious food, and I can only eat half of one of their subs. While I am a creature of habit, and typically always order the cutlet with mayo, provolone, lettuce and tomato, I sometimes get a little wild and order the Steak Bomb. It. Is. Amazeballs.


So if you're in the mood for some good old fashion, casual, Italian cookin, hit this place up this weekend- you won't be disappointed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment