CATEGORIES

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Best Birthday Ever

My birthday is my favorite day of the year for only one reason. I get to pick WHEREVER I want to go to eat, and not be judged for it. I start brainstorming ideas around mid-June in preparation, and go back and forth for weeks. Do I go for...a "best of Boston" restaurant? a place I've always wanted to try? a place I could never afford normally? my typical go to burger spot? or a place with great dessert?

Can you see why this tortures me?

Well for the first time ever- I fulfilled my lifelong dream of actually going to two different restaurants to complete my birthday meal. I mean it is the day of my birth, so why shouldn't I get the best of both worlds?

So all day at work when people asked me how I was celebrating my birthday, I proudly announced that I would be heading to Shake Shack for a burger and cheese fries and then stopping by Cheesecake Factory for some cookie dough cheesecake. As you can imagine, I got several reactions. Some were horrified (no longer talking to those people), some amused, some surprised and my favorite type of people- the jealous ones.


 
I want everyone to know that you too can make your birthday (or any day) amazing by attending more than one restaurant for your special meal. HECK- next year I might even do 3. Its called CUSTOMIZING people! Life's too short! The hungry train is leaving the station, and I encourage you to join me on this amazing journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment