CATEGORIES

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Crockpot Pork Carnitas

 I don't know when it was, but at some point in the past 5 years, Mexican food became one of my favorite cuisines. Maybe its the melted cheese, maybe its the guac, but nothing gets me more excited than washing either of the two down with a frozen strawberry rita. I make tacos at home a good amount, but have never made my go-to dish to order: pork carnitas! When I saw this recipe in my new slowcooker cookbook I was ppuuummmpppeedd.

Ingredients:
4lb pork shoulder (preferably boneless)
1 can chopped green chiles
1/3 cup OJ
1/3 cup lime juice
1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tbsp ground cumin
Small white tortillas
Mexican cheese
sour cream


 


Cut the pork into two inch cubes. I kinda felt like a clumsy Dexter doing this, almost chopped my fingers off a few times so be careful!




Mix the cubed pork, chiles, OJ, lime juice, garlic and cumin in the crock pot.

 
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

 
With a slotted spoon remove the pork out of the crock pot and place it on your tortillas. Cover with cheese, sour cream or whatever else you want!



 
 
OMG these were so good! Such a good change from my normal taco night. The pork melted in your mouth and tasted like restaurant quality carnitas! Ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment