CATEGORIES

Monday, April 21, 2014

Fuddruckers-900 Broadway, Saugus, MA

 


I have been a Fuddruckers fan for as long as I can remember. In middle school and high school it was the go-to place for team dinners, fundraisers, or any other excuse you could come up with. Guys would walk around bragging about who was taking on the famous Fuds 1lb burger, while girls would spend their change on cheap mood rings and temporary tattoos.

Like clockwork, I would order my $5.00 cheeseburger kids meal (best deal in the house) that came with a 1/4 lb burger, and a ton of steak fries. I would then proceed to load up my burger with a fresh tomato, lettuce and doused my steak fries in the most amazing house honey mustard on the planet.

This was my go-to routine for at least the past 10 years.

About a year ago, my experience at Fudds started to become very disappointing. The first and mainly last straw was that they replaced all condiment machines with the KENS line of condiments. I wish someone could have taken a picture of my face when I went to load up my tray with my favorite honey mustard, and noticed they had made the change.

 I. WAS. HORRIFIED....ANGRY...SAD...there were too many emotions for me to handle. I wanted to throw my burger and fries on the ground, and stomp out of their like a child, but somehow, I found it in my "mature" 26 year-old self to continue through the condiment line and walk back to my table.

 
I have also noticed that the once overflowing tray of fries has dwindled its way down to 10-12..max...and the kids burgers itself are  shriveled up and overcooked. Maybe I just need to start ordering grown up meals..



BUT they still do have some good things going for them- mainly their golden brown, buttery and soft burger buns. mmmm.. and of course their shakes (PB cub one is bomb.com). Also, their menu has gotten substantially better over the years, now offering a menu of over 10 "specialty burgers" with tons of topping options.

Believe me, dumping on my Fudds experience does not make me happy inside. It actually feels like a giant betrayal. But as a blogger, I have to be true to the food, and the meals I have had are just not cutting it.

Next time, I think I will try one of their specialty burgers and see if it makes a difference...but they could win me over just as easily by bringing back my honey mustard.

No comments:

Post a Comment