CATEGORIES

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Angela's Coal Fired Pizza- 880 Broadway, Saugus, MA

I'm kind of a picky pizza person. This has developed over time...as most things do. I've grown to hate the overly cheesy, thick crust pizza towered with toppings. I find myself learning towards a thinner crust with simple and clean flavors. That being said, I went to Angela's Coal Fired Pizza with my siblings a couple weeks ago and had some seriously good ZA!


While I have had coal fired pizza before, I had never heard of coal fired WINGS. Although, I'm not really a "wing" person, so for all I know all wings could be made this way. But I will tell you, their wings are the BEST I have ever had. They cooked to perfection in rosemary, garlic and drenched in onions. The wings are accompanied with soft focaccia bread ready to be soaked up by all those extra yummy juices..mmm...



For pizza, we ordered two of their specialties- a Lady Grace and Chicken Parm  for everyone to share. The Chicken Parm was by far the fan favorite, covered in crispy chicken cutlets, tomato sauce and cheese.
 
CHICKEN PARMBreaded chicken cutlet smothered in mozzarella & romano cheese w/ fresh San Marzano tomato sauce


LADY GRACE
Sliced tomato, fresh buffalo mozzarella, fresh basil w/ a twist of sea salt.  

 
I thought the pizza was really good! Made with really fresh ingredients and cooked perfectly. I was only able to scarf down 2 slices before going into a food coma. This is definitely up there as one of the better pizza places in the area, BUT I will say, my MVP here are those wings, and that is the reason I will go back sooner rather than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment