CATEGORIES

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

6 Month Reflection

SO. Its been 6 months (to the day)  and 70 posts since I started this blog. In true "wannabe writer" fashion- I feel like I need to stop and reflect on my findings so far:

1.) McDonald's brings some serious emotion out of me. Pulling up to the drive thru at McDonald's musters up one of two emotions- guilt and uncontrollable anger. The guilt usually happens on the way home from the bar when we are about a mile away from our apartment and I blurt out the all predictable "I'm Hungry...can we go to McDonald's?". Jake agrees, but pulls the 'ol "I'm not going to get anything" after I order my big mac value meal with 2 sweet and sour sauces. Seriously, if a 6'5'' 250lb guy isn't ordering anything...why am I? Yup, that's a good dose of guilt seeping through my body along with these unnecessary calories.

NOW- the uncontrollable anger...After I get my food, Jake does the unimaginable and sneaks his hand into my McDonald's bag and GRABS A FRY!!askjdfiuanseif!!!.UM.. How dare he take one of my fries after denying them at the drive thru?? This is my biggest pet peeve, and I have lashed out at others as well. If you don't want to order your own meal, don't expect to have "just one little bite" of mine (MOM). This situation continues to be the driving force of some of my most furious moments- leading to my next point...


2.) Growing up with 3 siblings doesn't always make you good at sharing. I don't know about others, but I think it makes you think of strategic ways NOT to share. I.E. Labeling your food, hiding your food, and waking up 20 minutes earlier than your siblings to get the last packet of Cream of Wheat, or pick the best french toast sticks (obviously not the end pieces). Especially if you're the oldest/smartest. Its survival of the fittest people!!

3.) 80% of the time, I would rather binge eat apps than a have an actual meal. After reviewing a ton of restaurants, I decided that a lot of times I would have been a lot happier if I just ate apps. I don't understand why they are always so much more delicious than the actual meal? Maybe cuz I'm hungrier when I'm eating them? Maybe because they are almost always covered in cheese? Beats me.

4.) Guacamole is a food of the gods. Why did I discover it so late in life? Its so good on everything. Always.


5.) Planning out your meals really helps you eat better. Knowing exactly what delicious meal I have planned for each night makes me a lot less likely to order a pizza on the way home from work. I feel like I'm growing up.

6.) Crock pots are money well spent times 10. Mine cost $30 and brings me more joy then you will ever know (well you probably do know because you read my posts). But still..just do it..

7.) I would rather spend money on food than anything else. Even when I'm trying to be good about saving money, I can always justify a burrito bowl at Chipotle. Always.


So I don't know if those 7 things made me feel better or worse about myself- but it just happened and I'm glad you got to be apart of it.


1 comment:

  1. Not sure you can take the smartest title. There is some tough competition.

    ReplyDelete