CATEGORIES

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Afternoon Tea at the Fairmount Battery Wharf- Boston, MA

I have always been a big tea drinker. Not in the antioxidant healthy green tea way, but in the after dinner earl grey kinda way. Us Irishfolk love our tea. So when it was time to find a birthday gift for my younger sis, the Afternoon Tea at the Fairmount Battery wharf jumped out at me as a perfect choice!

The Fairmount Battery Wharf is located right on the waterfront in Downtown Boston. This luxury hotel is located just steps away from the North End and Faneuil Hall. They now offer afternoon tea from 2:00-4:30PM every day in the Battery Lounge. City+Saturday+Sunshine+food/bev=perfection

We ordered the Traditional Afternoon Tea for 2, which for $39 included a pot of tea for each of us, and (the best part) a 3 tiered tower of deliciousness. The tower includes mini sandwiches, scones, croissants, cookies and more and more and more. You get two of everything, so you don't even have to fight over stuff (I would have).

The overall experience was really cool and relaxing. We stayed for about 2 hours, really enjoyed the view and our food. Plus! Its only $10 validated valet parking! BOYAH! Accessibility is HUGE for me when it comes to dining in the city- and bonus, I kinda felt like a celeb valeting.


Sidenote: did anyone else eat these for snacks as kids? I remember bringing a little bag of sugar cubes with me along with my PB&J. Sidenote from the sidenote: Don't horses also eat these as snacks?

The top tier came with a Devonshire cream (whatever that is) and Strawberry Jam. All I know is I could put it on anything and it would be divine
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment