CATEGORIES

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Shake Shack- 49 Boylston Street, Newton, MA

Some of you might remember my recent disappointing and life changing experience at my previous "go-to" burger joint- Fudruckers. Ever since, I've been looking for a new restaurant to fill the gaping hole in my heart and stomach. Well- I think its been done.

People have been telling me to go to Shake Shack for months, and I finally made the 10 minute drive over to Chestnut Hill a few weeks ago. We went on a Friday night at 7 and were greeted by a lovely line of people at the door. Unlike others, lines for food actually excite me. It means that people are willing to stand awkwardly for a long period of time for 10 minutes of eating bliss.



The line took about 30 minutes and then we ordered. I got a single shack burger, chocolate shake and cheese fries. After about 15 minutes, our buzzer went off and the heavenly feast began. The burger was topped with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion and ShackSauce. To be honest, right before I dove in I thought "this doesn't look like anything special"- but boy was I wrong. It was one of the best burgers I've ever had. And, I can't put my finger on why! The obvious guess would be the sauce, but I really think its the cheese to burger ratio.


 
Same thing happened with the cheese fries. They look like your basic cheapo frozen fries doused in melted cheddar, but they were so addicting. I DONT GET IT!!!


 
My meal was topped off by a delicious chocolate shake that (was a little small) but still delicious.
 
Overall, if you can't tell, I am SO excited I finally tried this place. If you are a burger person and haven't been here- you are doing yourself a disservice.
 
Get ready Shake Shack! I will be a loyal customer for years to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment