CATEGORIES

Friday, November 29, 2013

The Road Not Taken

Ever have the subtle rumble in your stomach a few short hours before heading out to your favorite restaurant? It's a conflicting feeling- which brings you to 'two roads diverged in a yellow wood'*. Do you A.) Eat now- and risk the possibility of being full when your favorite dish finally makes its way on your plate. OR B.) Starve yourself until you could literally eat your arm, and then by the time the food comes, you eat it so fast, you don't even savor the epic flavors that tickle your palette with pure joy.

I know what some of you are thinking- why don't you just eat a snack? HA! Hilarious- like I could actually control myself enough to eat a small portion of ANYTHING!

Here is a solution that works for me. Try having a filling beverage instead to tide you over. This can be a fruit smoothie, frappe or in this case- my sister's DELICIOUS hot cocoa.


 Brenna's Creamy Hot Cocoa
Mix 3 Tablespoons of Cocoa Mix with hot water
Add 1 Tablespoon of salted caramel (or regular caramel) sauce and a splash of cream
Top with the never disappointing-Whipped Cream (also in the cheese and bacon category of being delicious on everything, always)

This hot cocoa is so creamy and just filling enough to tide you over for 1-2 hours. And its a great holiday treat!

Now looking ahead
My favorite thing to do at the beginning of the week is make my restaurant plans for the weekend. I have been trying to get reservations at the hip and happenin' new restaurant COOK in Newton for a few weeks. Reservations are tough to get, unless you like to eat at 5 or 9. I called Monday of this week to get reservations for Saturday, and they had limited offerings. I chose 8:30PM, not my most desirable eating time (more of a 630-8 kind of girl). I have been eyeing the menu all week and cannot contain my excitement. Stand by for my review folks!

*Dear God Robert Frost, you speak to me

No comments:

Post a Comment