CATEGORIES

Monday, February 3, 2014

Crock Pot Mac and Cheese

As some of you know, my crock pot reached its tragic end last night. I watched in horror as it busted through the bottom of a brown paper bag, and CRASH. tears and sadness.

Several hours earlier... it was a happy little crock pot making one of my favorite dishes of all time- mac and cheese. I feel it is my culinary duty to share this memory with you, even though my crock's remains are at the bottom of a trash barrel.


What you need:
2 bags of shredded mild cheddar
1 (12 oz) can of evaporated milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups of regular milk
1/2 stick butter-melted
1/2 box of elbow macaroni
A dash of paprika

 
Cook the pasta per box instructions.
 

Once its done, the pasta and put it in the crock pot. Add almost all of the cheese (save about 1/2 cup), evaporated milk, regular milk, 2 eggs (whisked) and melted butter. Mix everything together, and add the dash of paprika. Finish it off by sprinkling the remaining cheese on top.




 
Cook on Low for 3 hours and 15 min

 
Yummmm...

 
This mac and cheese was so creamy,cheesy and delish! I think its the best mac and cheese I've ever made!

 
 

 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment