CATEGORIES

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

One Dish Chicken

If you didn't notice, my posting was pretty minimal last week. Truth is, I tried two new dinner recipes that were pretty awful. It was so weird, because they were both from my dependable healthy cookbook that I have used several times for this blog! Oh well that's what PB&J is for.

Thank G I got my cooking mojo back this week with two great recipes in a row. This one is an inexpensive way to feed a family of 4 (or two viciously hungry 20somethings)


What you need
3-4 chicken breasts
1 package of fresh green beans
6-8 red potatoes cut in half
1 packet of Italian dressing seasoning
1 stick of butter cubed


 
 
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a 13x9 cooking dish, lay your green beans and potatoes on either side of the chicken breasts. Sprinkle the Italian Dressing Seasoning over everything, and scatter the cubes of butter on top.

 
Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.

Donzo!

 
The chicken is surprisingly really moist for cooking for an hour. I will say, I wish I cut the potatoes in quarters instead of halves, because they still weren't completely cooked through. But-the butter and the Italian Seasoning made a super flavorful coating on the other two components, that left me feeling satisfied and not too guilty! If you are not a fan of green beans you can replace them with baby carrots or brussel sprouts!




No comments:

Post a Comment