CATEGORIES

Monday, February 17, 2014

Granary Tavern-170 Milk Street Boston, MA

When I found out we were meeting friends at the Granary Tavern on Saturday, I was so excited. I felt like I had heard people talking about his place a lot lately, and you know how I love hip and happenin restaurants, so I knew this would be blog worthy.
 
Yes, we went in the middle of a blizzard
Located in downtown Boston, this place has the best of everything, with seating for 250 on two floors, two bars, and open kitchen and tons of windows. The atmosphere is casual and modern, perfect for drinks after work or night out with friends. I would say the coolest asset is their menu, having really different options than your typical bar food. It reminds me a lot of the Biltmore in Newton, but has a little more of a "city" feel to it.
 
 
When it came down to ordering, this is one of those places where the apps were way more intriguing than the entrees. We ended up ordering the BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos (which I actually considered ordering for my meal) and the beer and cheese fondue. OMG. Both were so delish. I could have eaten the bread on its own, but the cheesy fondue was a devine addition. I could have licked the bowl. The nachos were the perfect starter for a big group. I don't know if house chips are a new thing, but I feel like a lot of menus are starting to add them lately, which I'm obsessed with.
 
 
 
For my meal, I literally said the words Thai Noodle Salad to the waitress, and then when everyone around me chose the pulled pork flatbread, I made an epic swap to that as well. Oh! and when I asked for sour cream on the side (cuz everyone loves a good dipping sauce), the waitress said- is creme fraiche okay? Um yes...its okay- how chic! And it was soo delish with the flatbread.


Overall, great night, great service. Would definitely recommend this place for a fun night out with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment