CATEGORIES

Friday, December 6, 2013

Blue Moon Grill- 955 Main Street, Wakefield, MA



Typically, I'm not a big breakfast girl. Would rather go out to lunch or dinner, but with a day of outlet shopping with my mom and sister ahead, we decided to kick off the day with a nice big breakfast.

The Blue Moon Grill is a family owned diner, that opened in January of 2010.  It's a small place- 10 tables max, and is known for its unique twist on your normal breakfast/lunch foods with a north end flair. It is seat yourself, so luckily we were able to get the last open table when we walked in. The menu is extensive and has several sweet and salty mouthwatering options. The three of us took awhile to decide because there were so many good choices. I ended up ordering the Blueberry Bliss Pancakes, and added in a side of corned beef hash (I couldn't resist). The pancakes were filled and baked with fresh blueberries, dollops of cream cheese, brown sugar and were topped with whipped cream. I got three giant thick pancakes, that were sweet and buttery. The corned beef hash was salty and equally delish..and I could not decide which dish I liked more. I sampled my mom and sister's dishes and could have easily eaten their entire plates as well ( I tried- they got defensive).

 If I could do it again: I would order the Irish Stuff Potato Skins: A scooped out potato cut in half stuffed with corn beef hash poached egg topped with our homemade hollandaise sauce served with home fries. My mom ordered a similar dish on the menu which you will see below.

This is place is a MUST if you are on the north shore. Again, I think we got luckily because we went on a week day. I can see this place getting pretty crazy on a Sunday morning. Check out the menu on the website: http://bluemoonwakefield.com/blog/



STUFFED FRENCH TOAST: Fresh bananas sauteed in cinnamon & sugar made into a sandwich and topped with whipped cream
 
 
BREAKFAST STUFFED POTATO SKINS: A scooped out potato cut in half overly stuffed with Scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese, chopped bacon a side of sour cream served with home fries
















No comments:

Post a Comment