CATEGORIES

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Deluxe Town Diner-627 Mount Auburn Street, Watertown, MA




Built in 1947, the Deluxe Town Diner is the hot spot for an old school diner breakfast in Watertown. This place has a real retro feel to it, and the look of an actual box car. Inside, the they make a pretty good use of the space, with a full bar for folks to sit, as well as booths and tables for 30. I would recommend this restaurant for groups of 4 or less- It didn't look like they could accommodate groups much larger (although I am sure they must have to)

We sat at the bar, and had quick but enjoyable service. I got the Challah French Toast with a side of bacon and Jake got the Corned Beef Hash & Eggs. My French Toast was thick, buttery and delicious with hints of nutmeg and topped with powdered sugar. BUT..I have to say- I wish I got the hash & eggs. It was the BEST corned beef hash I have ever had. It was shredded (we know how I feel about shredded meat), tender, and tasted amaze with the running egg yokes. I seriously considered ordering an additional meal of hash & eggs because it was so good. I would absolutely recommend this place for breakfast if you are in the area. It is reasonably priced, fast, and has a really cool historic feel to it. There is typically a line to get in, so if you are going in the winter, wear a warm coat! They don't have a "waiting area", so you basically just wait outside. We went at 8:30 on a Sunday morning, and had no problems getting a seat at the bar! http://deluxetowndiner.com/


 

No comments:

Post a Comment