CATEGORIES

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Stellina- 47 Main Street, Watertown, MA


Stellina's is an upscale, yet affordable, Italian restaurant located right in the heart of downtown Watertown. The place is a decent size, could probably seat about 100 people, and is the perfect spot for a Saturday date night or afternoon lunch with friends.

They also have an awesome private room that can fit up to 46 guests- which is why I was there tonight! I plan events for my job, and my favorite part of planning is picking out the restaurants and menus. Stellina's was the perfect fit for my team's holiday dinner this year. It had a private space, was festive and an awesome private dining menu. I am a big fan of a pre fixe menu for a large group. It makes life a lot easier for the wait staff, which helps a more efficient and enjoyable service for the guests. It also is sometimes a lot easier for the guests to only have a few things to choose from! Stellina's offers several menu options for private dining. The one I chose included 3 family style apps, 2 family style salads, 4 entree options and 2 dessert options.

We started off with a plentiful bread basket and oil/pesto dipping sauce. Perfecto. I love when restaurants offer a variety of bread. I mean 80% of the time I'm going to go for a soft fresh loaf over a hard crunchy ciabatta, but this is America-the more options the better. I digress..

 
 
Apps are sometimes my favorite part of the meal, and at Stellina's they def hold their own-we had Family style Fried Calamari (always delicious), Margherita Pizza and Stellina's "Best of Boston" (WHATTUPP) Warm Tomato Salad (a MUST ORDER!)


sorry- horrible pic


Next, we moved onto two family style salad options: the Caesar salad and the house salad. I was already full. BUT THAT HAS NEVER STOPPED ME BEFORE. The entree choices all sounded heavenly and literally stressed me out. I wanted ev..er..y..th..ing... The choices were: Chicken Piccata, Pasta Special (with a lot of fancy ingredients), Grilled Pork with Balsamic Figs and Grilled Swordfish Spiedini. I ended up going with the Chicken Piccata- which was an amazing choice. Unfortunately, I dove right in before taking a pic (worst blogger everrrr), but lets try using some adjectives- It had two tender and moist chicken breasts in a tangy sauce with white wine, garlic, lemon and capers. It was served with creamy garlic mashys and asparagus. I licked my plate clean. For dessert we had the choice between tiramisu and a cookie/canoli plate.




Everything at this place was absolutely delicious, from the bread basket to the cannoli. Oh! And Fun/Awesome Fact- Stellina's gets all their fresh produce from RUSSOS MARKET (if you don't know what that is, see post from 12/11)!!!!! That excited me way too much, but I like when my blogging life comes full circle.

The private room was perfect for my big group and the service was outstanding. I started planning this dinner about a month ago and Stellina's was fantastic to work with and I def plan on doing so again.

P.S- That guy in the picture up top thought I was so creepy. Definitely won't be the last time that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment