CATEGORIES

Saturday, December 7, 2013

What is your ALL TIME favorite breakfast cereal?

What is your all time favorite breakfast cereal? Always an awesome question to ask as an ice breaker, because it gets everyone pumped up. Seriously, try it sometime! I have seen wars break out amongst friends when I ask this question. It is funny to see how people respond. You have typically have a few who go with the classics like Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Life. Then you have the "young at heart" peeps who choose Lucky Charms or Fruity Pebbles. All of these are respectable choices that I would jump at the chance of eating on a Saturday morning. But then..there is always one...who says "Umm ..I would have to go with...Cheerios"...UGH..SHUT...UP..NOW...I get so disgusted with this person and am instantly filled with rage. Seriously, get off your healthy culinary high horse and accept that the sugary cereals above will ALWAYS trump Cheerios. I would even pick Cookie Crisp over Cheerios and that was seriously one of the most disappointing cereals that ever came on the market.
 
Anyway, the reason I bring this up, is when people list the "Best Cereals Ever" they ALWAYS forget my favorite- Rice Krispie TREATS. Now, I have to say, I always give people the benefit of the doubt because as far as I knew, Kellogg no longer made this heavenly masterpiece. So the other day that got me thinking...how did I KNOW that Kellogg stopped making this cereal..? I didn't. I assumed it..because I hadn't seen it in stores in over 10 years.

So the other day while perusing the Internet, I went on the Kellogg's website and COULD NOT BELIEVE my delight when I found that they still had this cereal listed. With all the hope my body could handle, I typed my zip code into the locator tool. Come to find out- there are 4 stores within 15 miles that are still selling RKTC!!! BOOM!


Luckily, my trusty fiance works in North Reading, so I graciously asked him to stop by the Walmart after work one night to pick some up for me. After going on and on about how ridiculous it was that he had to go out of his way JUST to get some "special" cereal...(i was immediately offended) - I'm sorry what? "special cereal"? Oh I am sorry- you are just insulting the best cereal of all time...

Well after reminding him that this is who I am, and he needed to accept my flaws- even if they torture him, he agreed to do it.

Ladies, this is why it is important to pick someone who not only accepts by embraces your hunger issues... I ended up with three lovely boxes on my counter top :)

And let me tell you- these marshmellowy clusters truly snap, crackled and popped at my heart strings and reconfirmed that this is by far the best cereal of all time. Rice Krispie Treats Cereal- we will never be apart again..

No comments:

Post a Comment