CATEGORIES

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookies

If you have never stayed at a Doubletree and been handed their glorious, little piece of heaven, signature cookie upon arrival, you are truly missing out. We work with the Doubletree a lot for work, so as a thank you, they will drop of a tray of about 30-40 of these cookies every quarter. It is literally paiiinnfulll for me to walk by and only grab 3 at a time. I wrap them up in a little napkins partially to hide them from my coworkers and partially to keep them fresh. Then I proceed to eat them all day for breakfast, snacks and lunch.

Seems like the best day ever right? YA-until I die a painful death all night with an awful stomach ache cursing the cookies and their existence on the planet. Unfortunatley for me, my stomach has short term memory, because the next time that big shiny tray plops itself 10 feet from my desk...it happens all over again.

So last week I got to thinking...what do they put in these things that make me feel like I need to go to rehab after just one bite? So I googled "Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookies" and found the recipe!  I gave it a whirl this weekend, and they actually tasted pretty close to the original. These things are chock full of chocolate chips, walnuts, oats AND cinnamon. Its a party in your mouth. Here's the recipe in case any of you are interested in joining in on the fun! The only change I made was making them about half the size as the recipe and baking them for 9 minutes. I have a thing for small cookies.



INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup rolled oats
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
2 eggs
3 cups semi-sweet, chocolate chips
1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts

INSTRUCTIONS
Grind oats in a food processor or blender until fine. Combine the ground oats with the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.

Cream together the butter, sugars, vanilla, and lemon juice in another medium bowl with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and mix until smooth. Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture and blend well. Add the chocolate chips and nuts to the dough and mix by hand until ingredients are well blended.

For the best results, chill the dough overnight in the refrigerator before baking the cookies.

Spoon rounded 1/4 cup portions onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Place the scoops about 2 inches apart. Bake in a 350°F oven for 16-18 minutes or until cookies are light brown and soft in the middle. Store in a sealed container when cool to keep soft. 


https://www.foodgeeks.com/recipes/doubletree-hotel-chocolate-chip-cookies-18302 

No comments:

Post a Comment