CATEGORIES

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Super Fusion- 54 Mount Auburn Street Watertown, MA

I am really picky about my sushi. Bad sushi can really ruin your cravings forever, and overly expensive mediocre sushi can turn me into a raging lunatic. I hate spending that much money on a meal and not being blown away. It has happened to me a few times in the past and angers me. As of a year and a half ago, my favorite sushi place was FuGaKyu in Brookline. Its a popular spot, which most people in the area have tried and love. But when we moved to Watertown, a co-worker recommended we try Super Fusion on Mount Auburn Street. I hesitantly tried it and was SO GLAD I did! The sushi is FuGaKyu quality, if not better, and is significantly cheaper. Most basic rolls are around $6, while specialities can go up to $18. This place is small with 10-12 tables and additional seating along the sushi bar. Its a more intimate feel that your two floor 879 room FuGaKyu.



We typically go with the edammame to start and then pick a few of the basic rolls. Their award-winning Louisiana Maki is probably the most interesting and is SO delicious. It is full of warm fried crawfish, avocado and a orange Cajun mayo sauce. We also always order the spicy tuna maki and my absolute favorite spicy salmon maki! The fish is so fresh and the maki pieces are the perfect size. We order salmon and tuna nigiri for special occasions. It tastes like pure heaven, as it melts in your mouth sending your tastes buds to the pearly gates.


 
Ever since I found this place, we have not gone back to FuGaKyu, or any other sushi place for that matter. I've found my one and only so I'm done lookin! BONUS-they deliver!

No comments:

Post a Comment