CATEGORIES

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Whole Chicken in the Crockpot

I have always wanted to do this! Finally- I made an entire chicken in my crockpot, fit to feed us for two days! Here's what I did:

Ingredients
Whole chicken
1 Onion (in slices)
2 tablespoons minced garlic
Salt
Pepper
Olive oil
Rosemary





Rinse and clean the chicken as you would if you were roasting it. Rub the outer skin with olive oil and then coat with black pepper, salt and Rosemary. Place your onion slices on the bottom of the crock pot with your two tablespoons of minced garlic. Plop that big fat chicken right on top! Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.





 
When its all done, remove the chicken from the crockpot and get ready to carve as you please. However, there isn't much carving needed, as the meat falls right off the bone! Serve with a starch and veggie and save the leftover meat for our next meal- Healthy Chicken Salad Sandwiches! I will post this recipe next!

No comments:

Post a Comment