CATEGORIES

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Seasoned Turkey Burgers

I am not a turkey burger connoisseur by any means, but I have had a few in my life and they are typically under seasoned, and less than flavorful. I have attempted the turkey burger in the past and it was mediocre BUT in the words of the sweet sweet angel Aaliyah (RIP) I thought I would 'dust myself off and try again..'

Ingredients
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 package dry onion soup mix
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 egg (beaten)
Hamburger rolls of choice
Medium Cheddar Cheese
Any toppings you want!





In a medium size bowl, combine the ground turkey, onion soup mix, pepper, salt, garlic powder, Worcestershire and egg. Mix with your hands until incorporated.

 
 
Refrigerate for 10 minutes and then form into 3 patties.


 
Cook on your grill of choice until the middle is a whitish color. Place your cheese on about 1 minute before its done. Build your burger with your fav toppings of choice. I went with a lil mayo, lil tomato, lil lettuce and of course a lot of avocado. I served it with some roasted brussel sprouts and an avocado/tomato salad. This burger was so flavorful, and I think I would actually prefer it over most beef burgers I have made at home! The onion soup mix realy comes through in the flavor of the meat, and the egg/worceshire really help keep the ground turkey moist. I will def make this again!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment