CATEGORIES

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Ohlin's Bakery- 456 Common Street, Belmont, MA

Who doesn't love baked goods? I think baked goods might be one of my favorite food categories. Croissants, scones, muffins, those little round pastries with cherry, lemon, or cheese center- oh danishes! yes. LOVE.

 
I crave donuts on an every day basis. Sorry, I'm not sorry, its just a fact. I hadn't found my bakery of choice since I moved to Watertown, so I decided I needed a 'go-to' spot to waste away my hard earned dollars on something absurdly delish.  Ohlin's creeped its way to the top of my google search and had OUTSTANDING reviews. Done and done- this is happening.



We got a dozen donuts for the two of us (oops), 5 flavors, 2 in quantity so we didn't have to share aka have a brawl if we both fell in the love with the same one....annnddd then we each picked our extra special donut of choice. We got: Glazed, Maple frosted with chocolate drizzle, Chocolate frosted with maple drizzle, chocolate with chocolate glaze, Boston Creme...and our two single donut choices were Buttercrunch and Strawberry frosted.

wait for it....

 
......
 
 
.......
 
 
BOOM- pure.and.immediate.joy.


My top two favs were the glazed which tastes like a Krispy Kreme (which we don't have the pleasure of having in Boston anymore) and the maple glazed donut with chocolate drizzle NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH the chocolate glazed donut with maple drizzle. While you might think these would taste exactly the same, you may want to second guess how the ratio of flavors could effect  the overall taste. The chocolate glazed was far too overpowering on the maple drizzle. It basically could have been a chocolate glazed donut and I wouldn't have noticed. HOWEVER the maple glazed donut with chocolate drizzle was outstanding. Perfect maple to chocolate ratio.
 
You know how they say, you know you found the right wedding dress when you wake up thinking about it the next morning? Well lemme tell ya, I knew I found the right donut place, when I woke up the next morning thinking about that glorious maple glazed, little-piece-of-heaven making its way towards my tasting apparatus.

I have a problem, and I'm okay with it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment