CATEGORIES

Monday, March 3, 2014

Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken

Guys, I'm so sorry its been a whole week. I'm the worst bloggerfriend ever, but I will make it up to you, I promise.
 
So last week I made the stuffed chicken with spinach and ricotta..and I liked it so much I wanted to find something similar, but less time consuming. Sidenote- I forgot how much I adore spinach. How is something so boring looking so delicious, especially with any type of cheese. That got me thinking..I miss my other favorite vegetable- mushrooms. People are weird about mushrooms, you either love or hate them with a burning passion...and I feel like most people hate them, which makes me really sad.

 The reason I never cook with shrooms is because Jake hates them...well TOO BAD FOR HIM this week! I found a recipe with spinach AND mushrooms, and I can't deny myself this culinary treat, I just can't..

What you need:
3 chicken breasts or 4 breast tenderloins
1 package frozen creamed spinach
1 package of sliced mushrooms
Garlic powder
1/2 stick of butter
Minced garlic

 
 
 
 
 
 
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place the chicken on a cookie sheet and sprinkle a little garlic powder, salt and pepper on top. Cook for 15 minutes (chicken breast) or 10 minutes (tenderloins). In the meantime, start your mushrooms in a medium saucepan, by melting 1/2 stick of butter on medium heat. After its melted add the mushrooms. Continue to stir while the mushrooms turn brown. Once brown, add a teaspoon of minced garlic. Cook for another minute. Next, microwave your frozen creamed spinach per package instructions.
 
 
 
 
 
After the chicken is done, take it out of the oven and flip it over. Cover the chicken with the creamed spinach and mushrooms.
 
 
 
Put it back in the oven for another 15 minutes (chicken breast) or 10 minutes (tenderloins).
 
 
This chicken was so good! A lot quicker and easier than the other chicken, and the mushrooms were divine! I served it with rice and peas! P.S- any recipe with "smothered" in the title, is a guaranteed A+



No comments:

Post a Comment