CATEGORIES

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Avacado Chicken Salad

I LOVE chicken salad sandwiches. Mostly because you can easily change it up by adding different toppings. Whether its cranberry walnut, or sun dried tomato- every combination of add-ons is delicious. My new fresh and fit cookbook had a recipe for Avocado Chicken Salad, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

What you need:
1 lb cooked chicken- cubed or shredded (I <3 shredded)
2 tablespoons chopped chives
1/4 cup light mayo
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 avocado- cubed
Tomato
Lettuce
Whole wheat bread- toasted

Mix together the first five ingredients. Carefully add the avocado and lightly toss. Place your tomato and lettuce on one half of your sandwich, and a scoop of the chicken deliciousness on the other half. voila! This recipe makes 4 sandwiches, try not to eat them all yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment