CATEGORIES

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Chicken and Dumplings

I forgot how much I love crockpot cooking during the week. Throwing everything in before work, and then coming home to the delicious smell of dinner already cooked and ready to go! Finishing off my 5 nights of new recipes with the classic chicken and dumplings! 
 
What you need
2-3 chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
1 white onion (diced)
1 can of flaky Bisquick biscuits (only use 4 bisquits)
Crockpot
 
Put the raw chicken on the bottom of the crock pot. Pour in the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and white onion. Cook on LOW for 8 hours.


Cut each biscuit into 8 small pieces.
 
 
Mix them in with the chicken and sauce and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.

 
With two forks, pull the chicken from the bottom and shred it apart. They should be pretty tender and come apart easily. Give everything one last stir and you are done!

 
I have only had chicken and dumplings a few times in my life, but this was sooooo goood!! No leftovers for us, we devoured the whole thing!!!
 
Okay guys 5 new recipes this week kinda killed me. I'm exhausted, and ready to enjoy some restaurant food this weekend! Stay tuned..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment