CATEGORIES

Sunday, January 19, 2014

West on Centre- 1732 Centre Street, Boston, MA

Every long weekend calls for a Sunday FunDay brunch, don't you think? Me and my gal pals tried out West on Centre today and were not disappointed! The place is nice and open with lots of seating, and a bar in the middle of the restaurant.

We went at 11AM, and the place wasn't crowded it all! Amen. Nothing worse than a crowded breakfast place when you are STARVING. We got a nice high top table for 6 and started off with some mimosas and bloody Mary's. When it came time to order our meals, I teetered along the sweet and salty line for awhile..until I saw the Caramel and Banana French toast listed as "their signature dish"...decision made. If you are going to try a new place and aren't a picky eater, Its always good to try the "signature" dish on the menu. That way, you know you are getting the best they have to offer....and it could be featured on Diner's Drive Ins and Dives and you can say "I ate that!!!" So I went with my sweet tooth and got the french toast. AND to prevent my salty tooth from popping up to later to say "SATISFY ME (in a scary monster voice)" ... I also ordered the cajun home fries.

P.S-The Mimosas were STRONG and I loved every minute of it.

We got our food pretty quickly and yes I made everyone take pictures of their meals. Everyone was really satisfied with their choices and were licking their plates! I was REALLY happy with my choice...I have never had caramel on my french toast before,  and come to find out it was fresh HOMEMADE caramel sauce. Mind blown. I love it when french toast is moist, buttery and requires little syrup. This was definitely the case- no wonder its their signature dish!!! Can't forget about the cajun homefries which were also delish however I was so impressed with the french toast that I didn't inhale them like I usually would.


 
This is a great place to come with friends or a group of people. They have T.Vs to watch the game and a really welcoming atmosphere. Prices were also pretty reasonable. My 5 star french toast was only $9.00 and it was huge! Everyone was really happy with their food and the service. Would definitely recommend this place for anyone in the area!
 
Eggs Benedict-toasted english muffin, 2 poached eggs, homemade hollandaise sauce, grilled country ham

Veggie omelet with fresh fruit cup- strawberries, blueberries, cantaloupe, pineapple and melon! Fruit cups in the winter rime are never this plentiful! It's hawse of a different color!

Buttermilk Pancakes

Today's special- Cinnamon Swirl French Toast with caramel and bananas

Scrambled Eggs, Toast and Cajun Homefies

No comments:

Post a Comment