CATEGORIES

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Honey Dijon Salmon- its easy I swear!

A lot of people get intimidated when it comes to cooking fish. I know I used to be. I never wanted to go up to the fish counter, looking stupid, not knowing what to get. I always thought cooking it was really complex and I would never got it right...UNTIL.. randomly one day I found a recipe online and just did it. Ever since that day, I love cooking fish, and do it often. It is literally the easiest thing to make taste good. I typically either coat it in bread crumbs or just season it with lemon, salt and pepper. But this time around I wanted to try something different...so I found a recipe online for Honey Dijon Salmon and decided to give it a try!

What you need:
2- 1/2 lb salmon fillets
Dijon mustard
Honey
1 lemon
Salt and pepper
Cooking spray






Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In a small oiled bowl (aka give it a little shot of cooking spray) mix together 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 2 tablespoons dijon mustard, 2 table spoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of lemon zest. Whisk everything together until incorporated.


 
Season the salmon with salt and pepper and place in a shallow baking dish. Brush both sides of the salmon with the honey dijon glaze.

 
Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the fish is fork tender and flaky. Annndd we're done! I like serving the salmon with a starch and veggie. This time I chose pasta and green beans.

 
I am definitely glad I gave this recipe a try. Its a nice change to my normal boring salmon. Guys, don't be scared of fish, I promise its not that hard.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment