CATEGORIES

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Maggiano's Little Italy- 4 Columbus Ave, Boston, MA

Looking for great Italian food in Boston? Everyone says- go to the North End. While I don't disagree that it has some of the best Italian food I've ever had, sometimes it can be overwhelming searching out the best restaurant, that doesn't have a line out the door. Maggiano's Little Italy is a great alternative to hitting up the North End.
 
With red and white checkered table cloths and 1950's background tunes it really takes you back to that Frank Sinatra Era. It is a big place that can accommodate private events and large parties, and actually even offering a family style dining menu. It even has a celeb autograph wall! You know a restaurant is awesome when it has a wall full of black and white framed photos of people you vaguely recognize from shows your parents used to watch when you were little.

I have been to Maggiamo's several times and experienced the family style dining. It is absolutely delicious and the food is never ending, which I thoroughly enjoyed. But for a Saturday afternoon lunch with my mom and sisters, we decided to order off the menu. It was a good decision for all, as I didn't think it would be very lady-like to be rolled out of a restaurant at 1 o'clock in the afternoon.

The menu was really  tempting, full of the Italian classics from Chicken Parm to Fettuccine Alfredo. I decided to go with the Chicken Piccata, and was not disappointed. The chicken was tender and flavorful and super yummy in its lemon caper sauce. The dish came with a lovely bowl of angel hair, cooked perfectly. The portions were quite generous and I could only actually finish half. BUT I obviously needed to get dessert as well. The creme brulee was screaming my name, and I am so glad I ordered it because it was GINORMOUS, probably the biggest creme brulee I have ever seen. I am always conflicted when eating this dessert, trying to decide if I like the hard caramelized sugar topping better than the creamy custard underneath...mmm...thank god we don't have to chose, it was devine and perfect and I will think about it for days. Great experience at Maggianos, would definitely recommend it for a lunch or dinner in town!

CREME BRULEE-Rich and creamy vanilla custard with a hint of citrus, caramelized sugar crust, topped with fresh strawberries.
 

FETTUCCINE ALFREDO-Fettuccine tossed with garlic in an Asiago cream sauce
 

CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA- Chicken breasts lightly breaded and topped with fresh sage, prosciutto and Provolone cheese, served in a garlic white wine sauce with caramelized onions. Served with angel hair aglio olio
 
CHICKEN AND SPINACH MANICOTTI-Manicotti filled with spinach, chicken and Ricotta cheese, baked with alfredo sauce
 
NONNA'S TOASTED POUNDCAKE, CARMELIZED BANANAS- Toasted poundcake with caramelized bananas, hot fudge and vanilla bean ice cream
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment